Monday, February 2, 2015

One Meal...One Choice

As most of you already know...I have some significant life changes that are ahead of me. The biggest could be the battle over food choices and quantity when I am eating. I have struggled with this battle for years and I have felt defeated way too many times to count. Endless attempts at diets and starting a workout routine that, in most cases, ended after only a few short months... trying to self discipline myself to stay away from the things that are unhealthy for me.... all to no avail.

Its the same feeling as the Apostle Paul had when he penned his frustration in Romans 7... "the very things I "hate" I find myself doing over and over and over". Paul cries out in his desperation... "WHO will rescue me from this body of death?" He concludes Chapter 7 by saying... "Thanks Be to our Lord Jesus Christ!" Then the next chapter in verse 1... declares that there is NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus. Now, I realize that this applies to our sinful condition before salvation, but the enemy of God uses "condemnation" in the mind of a believer to make one think that they are not worthy!

This is how one feels when you fail over and over. Do you feel me?!

Our local football team, The Johnstown Johnnies, have a moto for the team... "One Team...One Heartbeat!" I have sort of "adopted" that for me except I worded it... "One Meal... One Choice!"

I have to CHOOSE at every single meal... what I am going to eat. Do I choose wisely and eat what is right for me?? or Do I choose to cheat. If I choose wrongly...I AM going to reap what I have sown!

Joshua told the people of Israel that He knew that to be true to his God... He HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE. Follow the ways of society or CHOOSE to follow the One TRUE God. He chose wisely.

I am making a choice at each meal... to eat right. You pray for me to have HIS strength when I am weak.

When it comes to honoring God with our bodies or with behavior and attitude... we have to do the same thing! We cannot look at the WHOLE ENCHILADA and look at all that we have "to do" so we can be "right" with God. We have to understand what Joshua said... I choose THIS DAY! Matthew 6 reminds as well... "Don't worry about tomorrow, deal with today...because today has enough trouble of its own!"

Let me conclude by encouraging you... if you have that feeling of "failure", realize that we cannot change 1 second of "what was". However... we can choose to "get back on the horse and ride another day!" TAKE BABY STEPS.

If you have been distant from God, His Word and and have been pleasing yourself... then confess that to Him... Repent (means to turn and go the other direction)... and as Jesus told that woman caught in adultery... "Go and sin no more!"

He will give you the strength that you need to put one foot in front of the other! PHIL. 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you! Love your motto, love your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating correctly is tough since we have more resources to buy food and snacks that are not really good for us than our parents had. It takes a strong commitment to stay on track. God will give you that strength each and every time you ask him. You can do it...

    ReplyDelete