Galatians 5:16-17Living Bible (TLB)
16 I advise you to obey only the Holy Spirit’s instructions. He will tell you where to go and what to do, and then you won’t always be doing the wrong things your evil nature wants you to. 17 For we naturally love to do evil things that are just the opposite from the things that the Holy Spirit tells us to do; and the good things we want to do when the Spirit has his way with us are just the opposite of our natural desires. These two forces within us are constantly fighting each other to win control over us, and our wishes are never free from their pressures.
Welcome back to the latest BLOG entry in my ongoing journey toward physical health, emotional health and spiritual growth. As mentioned previously... my goal with this BLOG is to encourage you and show that I am as "regular" as you are... and at the same time, demonstrate where the real "power to overcome"... comes from!
Over the last few weeks, I have stayed mostly faithful to my eating restrictions and to my use of the medications (insulins) that have been prescribed to me! I really consider this a BIG VICTORY! But let me also say... this journey sucks. The battle I have with cravings, mostly from 8pm till bedtime, are at times... almost unbearable. I find myself pacing the floor and opening the refrigerator door almost every 5 minutes... peering in to imagine myself eating anything contained therein! From 8pm on at night in the McLaughlin household... both the Dog and the Cat are NOT safe! You know what they say... a lot of catsup can cover a lot of bad taste!
This physical struggle to stay regimented has resulted in a "Positive" though... it really has made me get real with my reliance on Jesus and the Spirit of God's POWER that is given to me to OVERCOME!
1 Corinthians 10:12-14Living Bible (TLB)
12 So be careful. If you are thinking, “Oh, I would never behave like that”—let this be a warning to you. For you too may fall into sin. 13 But remember this—the wrong desires that come into your life aren’t anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you. And no temptation is irresistible. You can trust God to keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it, for he has promised this and will do what he says. He will show you how to escape temptation’s power so that you can bear up patiently against it.
14 So, dear friends, carefully avoid idol worship of every kind.
When I am faced with the cravings to eat the things that are literally killing me... I have to CHOOSE a different way. God will provide an "escape route" away from WRONG CHOICES. Whether its food or whatever else that is pulling us away from the plan and purpose for our lives! We need to have the "ears to hear" and the discipline to be obedient.
Galatians 5:16-17Living Bible (TLB)
16 I advise you to obey only the Holy Spirit’s instructions. He will tell you where to go and what to do, and then you won’t always be doing the wrong things your evil nature wants you to. 17 For we naturally love to do evil things that are just the opposite from the things that the Holy Spirit tells us to do; and the good things we want to do when the Spirit has his way with us are just the opposite of our natural desires. These two forces within us are constantly fighting each other to win control over us, and our wishes are never free from their pressures.
The Spirit of God WILL give you the strength to make CORRECT CHOICES that will steer you away from the things the enemy is using to destroy and ultimately... kill you.
There is a BATTLE going on for your allegiance. Whether you know it or not... the enemy of God would LOVE to separate you and I from God. We have an INCREDIBLE "partner" in the Holy Spirit. If we lean into Him instead of our OWN understanding... they we will see more victories over sin in our lives! Don't believe me... then give it a whirl!
My battles with food and with health and feelings of inadequacies, and feelings of being all alone in my struggles... are not going away. The temptation to give in... will always be in front of my face! I need to REMEMBER that... "Greater is He who is IN me, than he who is in this world!" When I choose the "way out" away from the temptation... then I will realize the POWER of the Spirit to do what I want to do, but in my flesh... are unable to do!
Praying for you in your struggles today too my friends!
Much Love!
Dan


No comments:
Post a Comment