Fishing has got to be one of my biggest passions! Its a way for me to relax and get out and away from my regular routine and allow me to be in nature to go head to head with the fish!
I have been fishing as long as I can remember. As a lot of guys recall... I began my fishing love with my Dad. He loved to fish too! We would go all over Central Ohio to many of his favorite fishing holes and he would be so patient as he would help me learn how to fish! I would get bored so easily and eventually skipping rocks into the water...scaring all the fish away and Dad would just smile!
These days... Ive learned NOT to throw rocks into the water if you want to CATCH FISH! In fact, these days, I actually study fish and try to learn all I can about them. I study what kind of bait you have to use to catch them and the techniques used to ensure a good catch!
I recently took up FLY FISHING and this type of fishing is very challenging! Even greater technique is needed and finesse... to land your catch! I am learning though!
All of this ties into life and my efforts to live for Jesus and to become a FISHER OF MEN!
I want others to know just how much they are loved by the One who knows them BEST and who loves them MOST... Jesus.
To "Catch The Hearts of People"... one has to be very strategic in the preparation, the methods and the care of those being presented with the GOOD NEWS!
We are starting a series of Messages at Faith Fellowship this spring that will challenge our people to "Go Fishing" for the hearts of people! We want to see people brought into "The Body of Christ". To do that... we are going to have to make sure that what we offer is what they are hungry for.
RELATIONSHIP.... NOT RELIGION
Religion is what people are sick of. The plasticness of a church that is full of people who say one thing and then do another. Those who say they love God, but you would never know it by the way they live their self centered lives.
Dont misunderstand... we all struggle with various things in our lives. We have moments where we are not very "Christ-like", but we DO love God and want to be like Him in every way. What Im talking about are those who have never experienced a "heart change". They are "playing a game" and their dependence on God is not real at all.
Psalm 51 says that God desires a BROKEN and a CONTRITE heart. It says that He will honor and bless that kind of mindset. He won't honor and bless the heart that is hard and selfish and not surrendered to Him.
Friends, as we GO OUT and represent our Heavenly Father and work to draw others into the LOVE NET... lets remember that we too, have to have to have a heart that is devoted to Him. We have to surrender first to the LOVE THAT FIRST LOVED US!
To love others, we have to first understand our need for His Love and then receive it.
THEN... we can go fishing with GOOD BAIT on the Hook!


No comments:
Post a Comment