We have recently come through one of the most historic, chaotic and emotional elections in the history of our Country. There are so many differing opinions in the public about both of the individuals who ran for the Presidency and about their policies and ideologies... but at the end of it all, one had to be chosen as the Winner of the Election. Whichever way YOU voted (And I certainly hope you voted?)... at the conclusion of all the tallying... there really is a Winner who has been the Winner all along... in fact since the beginning of time... JESUS!
You may think that I sound like a typical "religious" person who is ignorant of the fact that our Country is in dire straits and that its on the brink of falling apart. On the contrary... let me tell you that I too am concerned about the direction of our Country. I am well educated on what is happening in our society and about the decay of morals and about the the eroding of our Constitutional Rights. I am appalled at the bigotry and the prejudices that are painfully evident in our culture. I am very concerned at the inability of most to make ends meet and who are slipping further and further behind every month! The reality is... that if I look through HUMAN/NATURAL eyes... I am scared to death of what will happen in the future for me and my children and grandchildren.
However, I am told in THE WORD... to not view the things of this world with those kinds of eyes. I am told to FIX MY EYES ON JESUS... who is the author and perfecto of my faith. I am told in Romans 13 that God has SET the authorities in place and that I am to follow them... not blindly, but with respect. I am to submit to them unless they are clearly going against what the Word of God tells me I am to do.
I honestly feel like there are way too many "Christian People" who are not looking through the glasses of faith... and rather they are reacting in the flesh to the outcome of this election.
I may get lambasted for a comment like that, but I feel its way too true.
I am hearing people who call themselves followers of Christ get all up in arms about how things are going to fall apart. They look at the democratic side and the republican side and then base their conclusions of our future hope on the the winners on either side.
There is an old hymn that was written long ago that has these lyrics...
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus... look full into His wonderful face... and the things on earth will grow strangely dim... in the light of His Glory and Grace!"
Donald Trump is our President. Like it or not... we need to respect that. We need to PRAY for him. We need top pray that Donald Trump will hear the voice of The Holy Spirit and be lead in his decision making by that voice instead of his own fallible heart.
We need to be people of healing and restoration and people who demonstrate the unconditional love of Christ. Where would WE be if that same kind of love were not demonstrated to each one of us!?
As we move forward after this election... now more than ever, we need to truly be JESUS WITH SKIN ON in the world we live in!
More to come...


No comments:
Post a Comment