Sunday, January 22, 2017

Confessions From The Pastor's Couch


Well today we completed day # 152 of a Journey that, no doubt, has many more days left on it!
Sept. 2nd... was the day I noticed the large "bump" on the bottom of my foot. As of today, I sit here on my couch following a couple of months of inactivity confined to a hard cast and now wrapped up in bandages and an air pressure wrap to prevent clogging...waiting for my foot to heal following surgery that took place in mid-January of 2017.



With all of this time I have just sitting around here ON THE COUCH... it has given me a lot of time to do a lot of DIFFERENT things than I normally would be doing. For example... I have been able to connect with and talk with a number of old friends and associates that I have known over the years through my internet and email and of course.. Facebook. Thats been good because I normally am so focused on a few people. You know what they say... "Sqeeky Wheels Get The Grease". So... this time away from the chaotic and needy... has given me more time to visit outside the "normal" circles!

I committed to the Lord... more time to pray and read while I am down and also to just LISTENING for his voice too. You know... Ezekiel lived out in the noise! When he listened and looked for the Lord... he was always looking and listening while in "the noise". Thats NOT where God spoke. It was from the BACK OF THE CAVE and in a WHISPER! It was off the beaten trail and off where no one would have EXPECTED to hear His Voice. I love to talk to the Lord while I am lying in bed... from the Couch when no one else is home and all the "appliances of media" are turned off... even when I am in the bathroom... trying to sit on that stupid shower chair... attempting to wash! I just sit there in the water from the hand held shower and tell God how much I love Him and THANK HIM for EVERYTHING I am going through! its hard to say those words... But He told me to GIVE THANKS for ALL THINGS! So....

I am learning discipline too. The discipline of obeying doctors... the discipline of not running to the fridge... just for the heck of it.... the discipline of going procrastinated administrative things that I put off that can be done on my computer and then emailed to the office.

I want to know something... many of you have told me this... but one must go through it to realize it for themselves... GOD SAT ME DOWN FOR A SEASON SUCH AS THIS!

I am watching the NFL playoffs and other Sporting Contests as I have been going through this time and I am learning a valuable lesson that I may have not see if I had not been "taken out of the game" myself.... that is that ALL PLAY ERS... HAVE TO COME OUT OF THE GAME for period s of REST.

Rest is a biblical thing. Jesus took it. He retired to the hills and to places of solitude to REFRESH and to REPLENISH his Spirit as well as His Body. What in the world would possess me to think that I wouldn't need to do the same thing?!?! God says... "Ok, then I will just have to teach you that lesson my son!"

The "plan of action" from here is to continue RESTING for a few more weeks and take it slow re-entering the day to day chaos. I have a Doc appointment on Jan 27... and he will review the surgery results. Then, they tell me I go back into a HARD cast for 2-4 weeks and then a re-check. That will continue until they feel enough healing has happened and the sugars STAY LOW and then they will at some point move me back into a booth and Physical Therapy. Like I said... LONG JOURNEY STILL AHEAD!

I want to thank all of you who have taken time to come over, call or just pray and think good thoughts for me... during this ordeal. KEEP COMING and PRAYING!

My cell is (740) 975-6714 if you want to call or text or you can catch me on Facebook too if you want.

As I told our Church folks... if you have a prayer request that is personal in nature or have something that you are praying earnestly for or about... LET ME PRAY EARNESTLY with you!!!! Send me your prayer Request! I WILL PRAY!

Love you all and will talk to you more later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment